Short Stories for Kids
“the best collection of original short stories for kids online.”
Author: AJ Campos
Publisher: Personalized Children’s Books
- Mars Thundersmash Book 1 Mars Thundersmash is always getting yelled at by the villagers for smashing their stuff. Will he ever be able to get along with everyone? Will he learn that smashing the villager’s stuff is not ok? This kids story has questions to answer at the end. For ages 2-7
- Jason Thunderclub and the Ugly Greed Monster If you like little heroes with big hearts, gems and monsters then you will love gem finding, monster smashing, Jason Thunderclub! This shorty story has pictures and question for kids to answer. It teach kids a moral lesson about greed. For ages 2-8 years old
- Arianna And Carrot The Magic Horse Version 2 A short bedtime story for kids with pictures about a little girl named Arianna and a scrawny talking horse named Carrot. Carrot is the last remaining magic horse, but since there are no more magic carrots left in the world his wonderful power is all but gone. Can Arianna help Carrot get back his magic ...
- Buzz! Ribbit! Squeak! Bella Bug is a curious ladybug that wants to know why things are. But when 3 gloomy characters tell her she can’t do the things they can, Bella Bug gets down on her luck. This free short story for kids was written for 1 year old Bella. For Ages 2-8
- Susan Dugger and the Cats of Wizard Crest Susan Dugger is a natural wand waver at the top of her class at Wizard Crest School. When two bullies step over the line Susan is forced to call Wizard Crest’s magic cats for help in this thriller of a story. This short children’s story teach a moral lesson about bullying. Edited by Karen Schindler ...
- Jax the Barbarian Jax is having trouble fitting in with the other barbarians. They think he is a pes! Will Jax overcome his situation or will he have to live alone in the forest? Written for a little guy named Jax. Jax I hope you enjoy your personalized story. For Ages 2-6
- Harley and the Trickster Harley hasn’t felt herself in a month. Moving to a new home has got her feeling blue. But when a green little trickster appears and promises he can make all her dreams come true, Harley finds herself playing a dangerous game. All free short stories for kids with pictures are based off of real children. ...
- Johnny Loved Toys Johnny put toys first in his life and never shared with anyone, not even his brothers and sisters. After filling every inch of his room with toys, Johnny tries to stuff a few more in and, well, let’s just say the story ends with a boom. For Ages 2-8
- The Adventure of Slimy Limey the Wiggly Worm Being small doesn’t stop this wiggly worm from becoming the rock star he knows he can be. But when a hungry hawk snatches him up he must deliver his best performance ever. A very silly story for kids that will make them laugh and feel good. For Ages 1-6
- The Midnight Parade James knows that there is something not right in his room! The whispers in the air, the scampering of tiny feet, the ghostly shadows in his closet. It could only mean one thing…MONSTERS! Inspired by and written for 10 year old James Werner. Maybe our next bedtime story will be about a child you know? ...
- Mother’s Little Luchador Little Pablito has a dream to one day be the biggest and baddest Luchador of all time. But before he can reach out and grab that dream he must finish his homework. This funny short children’s story was inspired by and written for 11 year old Pablo who likes watching Luchador matches with his fiends. ...
- Number One Teresa is the Orders number one agent. Faced with a deadly foe she must quickly take care of the situation before she’s late for dinner. This kid’s story was written for an 11 year old girl named Teresa. Teresa congrats on achieving the status of black belt! Genre: Short Stories for Kids For Ages 8-14
- The Ballad of Princess Jordy A mysterious princess appears to rescue a land in peril. But is she tough enough to withstand an evil king who only craves destruction? This free kids story was inspired by and written for a 6 year old named Jordy who’s bright smile can light up a room. For Ages 2-8
Check back often as we continually add more short stories. Most of our children’s stories are illustrated and are all based off real children. If you would like our next story to be about your child, please fill out the request a story form on the homepage. Thank you for all your support!
All our free stories are the property of Personalized Children’s Books and may not be reproduced or repurposed without written consent.